Skip to main content

Café by the Ruins, Baguio


Last January 2013, Tony, Jonah and I were in the Summer Capital organizing a trip. It was our last day and we grabbed the chance to relax before we went back to Bulacan. We were supposed to go to Chocolate de Batirol but in the interest of time, we decided to just to go somewhere near. It was a luck that I happened to see Cafe by the Ruins. Just with the name alone, our interest is enough to get stimulated.
The Facade
Located in the heart of the city, Café by the Ruins will really take you out of the busy streets of Baguio. Its bamboo fences, wooden crafts, and rustic interiors matched up together to bring a cozy ambiance.
At first, you will be intrigued why it was associated with 'ruins' and upon my research, it was the war-torn house of the first civil governor of Benguet - Phelps Whitmarsh. I also found out that this cafe is famous for it's breakfast but unfortunately, when we got there, we just had a coffee and their delicious cinnamon bread and ensaymada.


By the way, we tried three coffee variations here - Ruins coffee, Arabica coffee, and Espresso ala Ruin. They are quite enough to accompany the cold weather of Baguio.

Jonah's Order
Ensaymada

We stayed for about an hour and noticed that this is not just an ordinary cafe as customers coming in and out are not the typical ones. We even saw a celebrity but who cares? Haha!

What a candid shot!!! LOL

Chew it Tony! :P
Anyway, dining at this cafe is already an experience itself. I will definitely try their breakfast meals!

Café by the Ruins
Chuntug Street
Baguio City
Tel. No. 442 4010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baguio Forest House : Bed and Breakfast

One of the best places to visit and stay while you are in Baguio is this cozy place where you will always feel like it’s Christmas – Baguio Forest House. Fortunately, I was able to experience staying here even for just a night for business matters. Literally, I felt like I’m inside Santa’s house – the color, the ambiance, and the designs! Forest House, Loakan Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet I must admit, I really love the place and now I understand why most of the people I used to ask of the where-to’s in Baguio always recommend this place. Ambiance One of the things I loved during my stay this September 2015 was the ambiance of each place of the house. Every part of the house is a good place to relax and feel comfortable. The Room The room is also one of the things I love about this place. I wish I have the same style in our house. Rustic and quaint ! I heard the house is owned by an architect which explains why the design is simply captivating.

Red Car and Me

My mother always tells me stories about my childhood whenever we have “bonding time” or may I say, every time we are together. She really knows everything about my childhood and she enjoys telling me those funny stories. We even laugh till we drop! But my childhood stories that momma tells are not always funny. So whenever I have questions like “San ko nakuha ang peklat na to ma?” “Ano nangyari sa akin noong ganito ganyan?” I ask her and tada!!!! Kwentuhan na naman! Sometimes, it can make me realize things and understand why I am this way now. Those stories even though sad make me smile just remembering it happened to me. I hate crying so whenever I know momma is about to cry, I crank jokes and make her laugh. Those mementos are not to make us sad but happy. That is what I believe. One of those stories which I cannot consider sad nor happy but … I don’t know, is the one which took place when I was about to turn eight. It was so remarkable in my life. I witnessed how much

7 Things I Consider in Travel Photography

Have you noticed how some of the travel photos of other people are exactly the same as what you see on postcards? Yes, I also have some photos like that! I know it's common to capture those scenic spots; but after all, I realized, my photos are kinda boring. LOL! Not looking like it's originally captured by me. I'm no expert in terms of photography but below are my recommended things to do when taking travel photos. 1. Make "Out of the Postcard Photography". This concept has been my goal. Shoot landmarks in a different perspective. Who knows, you might discover something new and make stories about it. It could be that the rear view of the famous landmark resembles a thing no one ever thought of? Make sense? Don't go traditional. Panglao, Bohol, Philippines 2. Include local 'signages' in your photos. In this way, your photo will have a good sense of place.Take a good shot of stores, restaurants with different names, road signs, and a