Skip to main content

Not So Planned Bacolod Trip



I know it would be late to post this one but since I have nothing to post this October 2012, I decided to share this trip way back a year ago. It was last October of 2011 when I, together with my travel buddy and friends went to the Negros Occidental - particularly Bacolod City.

To tell you the truth, I don't have much idea about Bacolod City except that it is called the City of Smiles, that chicken inasal is good here, and that this is the place of the festive Masskara Festival.

But I have to say that this trip was a pleasant surprise and a good way to relax before the board examinations that I was about to take that time.

Before the trip:
If my memory serves me right, we don't have a formal itinerary for this trip. Everything we did here was just  "Bahala na si Batman". LOL!

Well, actually I did a little research about what was in store for us in the province . I just don't spend much effort since Mhylene (one of my friends) said that her friend in Bacolod would be the one to tour us around.

Arrival to Bacolod:
We arrived at New Bacolod-Silay International Airport at around 5PM. Well, that airport has something to be proud of unlike the others here in the Philippines.


Upon arrival, we immediately hired a van to bring us to the Palmas del Mar resort.  Well, not really the first thing we did. We first took photos then hired a van. Haha!
New Bacolod-Silay International Airport
New Bacolod-Silay International Airport Facade

Places to Visit:
Since we don't have much idea on where to go, we just depended on the places that Mhylene's friend planned to tour us.

Here are the places and activities that I considered A-Must.

Palmas Del Mar Resort

This is where we spent most of our time. The place is relaxing. I must say that the crews are nice too
Jump Shot

Another jump shot...

This photo is suitable for a script.
Nanay (Mhylene) : Anak! Bakit ka padalos-dalos?!
Tatay (Jonah) : Tsk! Yan na nga ba sinasabi ko eh! Tsk!



Pasaway Moments
As if no danger sign... LOL

This big mask which is located at the resort's entrance symbolizes the MassKara Festival.
Bamboo Bridge in Palmas del Mar
Facing the Guimaras Strait









Mambukal Nature Resort
Nice place to explore nature and relax for a low cost. 

Mambukal Mountain Resort
From Left to Right: I, Jonah, Jane, Nelia, and Mhylene
One nice sight in Mambukal Mountain Resort


One of Several Waterfalls found in the Place






Refreshing and Relaxing Sulfur Bath



City Municipal Hall
Here is a photo of ours with the facade of the Municipal Hall as our background.



The Ruins in Talisay
This place is one of the best places in Negros Occidental. It's like a place abroad.


This old mansion was erected in early 1900s. It was owned by a sugar baron Don Mariano Ledesma Lacson. But early part of the World War II, this mansion was burnt by the guerilla fighters to prevent Japanese soldiers from using this as their headquarters. Below are pictures of me and my colleagues. I just could stop being amazed of it's beauty.



It's construction was supervised by one of the sons of Don Mariano. It was assured that the mixtures of the concrete and its application was followed strictly. It's designs is really something to be amazed of.







Inside this old architecture





San Sebastian Cathedral of Bacolod
The facade of the Cathedral.




A lot of color masks can be bought outside of the church grounds - different sizes and designs.

Pope John Paul II Status
The Pope John Paul II Tower in Bacolod City is located in the Reclamation Area . It is just near SM City Bacolod City. 




We enjoyed every part of this trip even if we stayed at the resort most of the time. This was because of who I were with this trip - crazy and hilarious guys! 

It doesn't matter where you go... what you do...or how much you have...It's who you have beside you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indonesia: My First Adventure Abroad

For my first trip abroad, Indonesia was a cool and adventurous travel destination because it has much to offer to a traveler like me who loves to see natural beauty and well-preserved landscapes. -June 12-15, 2012 I got to meet different people of different religions and had a chance to discover rich culture. To get to know a different culture was a big experience for me. I regretted nothing. Every person I met is opened, kind and friendly. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport In Jakarta, I got a chance to meet in person two of my long-time twitter friends - Hengkie and Anggara. It’s been a year since I booked my ticket to Indonesia. With me was my best friend Jonah. Angga, Hengkie, Me and Jonah We toured the city and visited some of the national places in Central Jakarta. One of which was MoNas. Grand Indonesia After a day tour in its capital city, the next destination was Bali. Here, we got to meet Made, Irfan, and Muri - Jonah’s colleagues, who also

Red Car and Me

My mother always tells me stories about my childhood whenever we have “bonding time” or may I say, every time we are together. She really knows everything about my childhood and she enjoys telling me those funny stories. We even laugh till we drop! But my childhood stories that momma tells are not always funny. So whenever I have questions like “San ko nakuha ang peklat na to ma?” “Ano nangyari sa akin noong ganito ganyan?” I ask her and tada!!!! Kwentuhan na naman! Sometimes, it can make me realize things and understand why I am this way now. Those stories even though sad make me smile just remembering it happened to me. I hate crying so whenever I know momma is about to cry, I crank jokes and make her laugh. Those mementos are not to make us sad but happy. That is what I believe. One of those stories which I cannot consider sad nor happy but … I don’t know, is the one which took place when I was about to turn eight. It was so remarkable in my life. I witnessed how much

Top 8 Reasons Why You Should Visit Sagada

Finally, I find time updating my travel blog again after a long time! These past few months, I have been to different places but cannot find time of sharing my experience. You know work-related stuffs that makes me look old, stressed out and no balance in life? Hell yeah! To start, one of the places I have visited was Sagada! It was an unexpected and unplanned tour! Backstory: I was a new member in my new project and was starting the knowledge transfer sessions for almost a month then. I was stressed that time because of the stuffs being loaded in my mind… processes, reports, monitoring and the likes. Information overload for almost a month! I needed a break! And what would be a better way to refresh my system after a stressing work in the metro? Yeaaaaaah! Time off! Luckily, just two weeks then, my travel colleague proposed that we accompany the group going to Sagada as there were still available slots and it would be a good time to visit the place to conduct ocu